- Channel Coding
- Two methods are presented which achieve highly flexible code rates and code word lengths: flexible Low-Density Parity-Check (LDPC) codes and rateless codes.
- Iterative Source-Channel Decoding
- An Iterative Source-Channel Decoder feeds back soft-decision values from the source decoder to the soft-decision channel decoder.
- Pseudo-Analog Transmission
- Pseudo-analog transmission comprises channel coding strategies which circumvent the saturation effect of digitally transmitted continuous-amplitude signals.